The power of attorney stuff I have put on hold for now. Lawyer double talk is more then I feel like dealing with right now. Let my son know that in place of this I expect him to sign releases so that I can talk to his treatment team and once back on disability the room and board portion comes directly to me. He can still get his portion directly to him but I’m not fighting him for my portion when he is unstable. Not sure if he will be on a community treatment order (AOT in the US) or not but if he relapses and gets admitted again within a short period of time then I’m sure they will put him on one.
We are coming back on Sunday. I just found out that they won’t release him until the day we are flying back. The Dr doesn’t want to take any chances with him relapsing while in a certain environment (grandmothers) so he will be getting released on extended leave into the pdocs care here. The hospital and PACT will communicate and sort out all the information regarding medications etc.
I’m relieved to have some of this off of my shoulders. His grandmother called me on Saturday and was crying that she wanted to spend some time with my son before he leaves that she may never see him again due to her own heart troubles etc. What do I say to a crying woman? Yet I was so afraid of him relapsing without my constant supervision before I could get him on a plane so I’m so relieved that the hospital took it out of my hands and are refusing to release him until the day we fly back.
His case worker at PACT is going to check into how the Invega shot gets paid for. It may be covered under his provincial health care card if administered through PACT. That will be a relief if it is.
Unfortunately my daughter will only get a couple of days with me but the sooner I get my son home the better. I will do my best to make the best of the little time she and I will have. So yah… Keep your fingers crossed for me that everyone goes reasonably smooth.