My son was arrested last night and taken to hospital

Hope your son gets well soon sending my best wishes to you and him.

That’s good news, I hope it helps. Son’s first shot was 234 mg, the following week 156 mg, then monthly maintenance was 117. However, we soon discovered 117 mg was not enough. He was doing better, but was still “loopy”. So Pdoc up’d monthly maintenance to 156 mg and that seems to be the magic number.

It did take a bit longer than I thought it would for everything to even out. Maybe a full month after receiving the 156 mg maintenance shot, so really it was about 2-1/2 to 3 months for the process to come together. Son is so much sweeter, no longer angry, quieter. I can talk to him now and he actually listens. I’m very thankful. He has quit smoking pot too. My prayers were answered and I had just about given up on that.

I asked him recently exactly why he quit pot. He said “because it’s too hard to get”. Gotta say I was disappointed with that answer. I was hoping he would say something like “it’s not good for me” etc. Another one of my prayers is that Georgia never legalizes marijuana. That would be a disaster.

Keep us posted on your son’s progress with the injection. Still keeping you both in my prayers.

I think I just got the best news in a long time. His pdoc just called me as I had sent a fax to them with my son’s history and my concerns about him being released to his grandmother or even transferred back to the hospital close to her and he says they will not release him to her and I do believe they are keeping him at the hospital further away from her. Also once I get there they will release him to me, I think (not positive about this) with a community order that he be with me at least while in that province. Once on a plane I’m on my own regarding guardianship or custody here… Still if I understand all this correctly I can breath a little easier :smiley:

What wonderful news! A relief to you I’m sure!