At my wits end and scared for him and myself!

Things are not any better than my last post. I am physically and mentally drained. His voices now have different accents. That’s the easy part. Just tonite he was talking about really bad things that I’m scared to talk about. Very very bad things. Earlier today I called lifeline for myself because it helps even if it’s just a little. They mentioned an intervention but I can not get his family involved. He will not admit that there is a problem and refuses to get any help. He told me to get the help because I need it. Then he gets very nasty. He wants to leave his apartment and live in his car so that no one can bother him and he can sleep. I tried to tell him to give it a try just for a few days and to not to go to his apartment
So that he would maybe get a glimpse of what would be. He doesn’t realize that no matter where he goes it will be the same if not worse. I see this and its killing me.

1 Like

It sounds awful Laz. I’m so sorry.

It sounds to me that the only “intervention” that’s going to make a difference at this point is a police intervention, to get him to a hospital. You’ve tried to help. He’s just too ill now. It’s beyond what you can do.

I know you don’t want to share the really scary things he said recently, but if it was a threat to anyone’s physical safety, please call the police and tell them, or call your psychiatric emergency number and have them guide you. You don’t want him to do something that he can’t take back.

2 Likes

@Laz I think there comes a time when something has to be done. Do you think that time has come? It may be time to get the police/hospital involved. Where are you located? If you go down that road I think in the long run it will help. Hang in there.

1 Like

I hope you will concentrate on taking really good care of yourself. Then, when you feel okay and you are safe for certain, contact local crisis workers and ask them what the options are and what they think you should do for your safety and for his.

Please, get and stay safe.

1 Like

A civil commitment. Requirements vary from state to state. If you heard/ observed firsthand you are one party to file you will probably need a second. He won’t like it, it’s better than the criminal justice system they aren’t worried about mental illness they uphold the law. It’s very sad. Keep praying for the right answer. My son has been hospitalized several times. He will not accept his illness. He goes off medication all the time. The last time he became agitated with a family member. I had to call 911 and requested the mental health care crisis intervention team take him to the Hospital. They always send the police first. They took a long time to arrive, things escalated my son was taken to jail not the hospital. It makes me so sad. My son is still not taking medication even though they thought it would be beneficial to put him on probation for a year so they could monitor his medication compliance. He won’t communicate with me anymore. I saw him at the store and I was so happy to lay my eyes on him. I knew he wasn’t taking his meds by his appearance. He was thinner than I have ever seen him and quick to leave when I attempted to engage him in brief conversation. I was still so happy to see him.

Sounds familiar. I called the mobile crisis unit last year and they sent the sheriff’s office and I was extremely disappointed. Then they showed up and just talked to him. They wouldn’t tell me anything because of hips. Shortly after that my fiance went to the hospital after being delusional saying he was bleeding out of his naval and I or someone poisoned him. They kept him for 36 hours but could not medicate him. So to me calling the crisis unit didn’t help as much as I would have liked The crisis unit did convince him that our food was safe to eat and to take a little medicine that he still had at that time… He doesn’t have any even he he wanted to.

]
A civil commitment. Requirements vary from state to state. If you heard/ observed firsthand you are one party to file you will probably need a second. He won’t like it, it’s better than the criminal justice system they aren’t worried about mental illness they uphold the law. It’s very sad. Keep praying for the right answer. My son has been hospitalized several times. He will not accept his illness. He goes off medication all the time. The last time he became agitated with a family member. I had to call 911 and requested the mental health care crisis intervention team take him to the Hospital. They always send the police first. They took a long time to arrive, things escalated my son was taken to jail not the hospital. It makes me so sad. My son is still not taking medication even though they thought it would be beneficial to put him on probation for a year so they could monitor his medication compliance. He won’t communicate with me anymore. I saw him at the store and I was so happy to lay my eyes on him. I knew he wasn’t taking his meds by his appearance. He was thinner than I have ever seen him and quick to leave when I attempted to engage him in brief conversation. I was still so happy to see himuote]

I thought they would take him to the hospital and get him the help that he needs. This past year has been a living hell.