New to the forum, not new to the struggle

Hello,

I’m glad I found this forum. I have an adult daughter who suffers from BiPolar/Schizoaffective.

So many stories to tell.

So exhausted.

So thankful they got her meds adjusted this week.

Two weeks ago I was with her, her caseworker, and nurse to discuss her meds not being right and how she was off her baseline & elevated, agitated, paranoid with more voices. Later that evening I received a call from a deputy sherif stating that she was in jail. Theft, resisting arrest, harassment & assault against a police officer. She spent the weekend in jail. The following Friday (Good Friday) I received a call from her caregiver (adult foster home) that she (my daughter) was out of control, not making sense, cooking, (not safe) agitated and I needed to come right away and pick her up. I took her to the ER and she did not want to go to the holding room @ the Psyc Care Unit.I don’t really blame her, no windows brown cubicle with a bench. She walked out into the ER cussing & swearing etc. We went outside w/out an incident. She began to walk home.
Some of her statements to the nurses were able to place her on a Dr’s hold.
To make a long story short, I ended up getting a call from an officer (they had her detained on a street corner) I was afraid there would be another episode of resisting, only this time she had been ‘flagged’ as being combative.
I told her “you have to go back to the hospital” "if you want I’ll go with you and let them put cuffs on me and ride in the back seat with you"
The officers were great. They let me transport her and they followed us in.

At least this week had a better ending than her living for a week on the bike path off her meds and not knowing her whereabouts.

I either get 12-23 phone calls a day or disappearance for days.

I only hope and pray for stability for a good season.

Thanks for reading and caring.
Rob

Hi Rob~
This is a hard disease for sure, and I`m sorry to hear you are going through this. Sounds like the police did great with your daughter.
Such a familiar story for all of us. I hope you can get some rest.
Welcome to the forum. This is a great place for support.**

thought i would say hi.
take care :deciduous_tree:

Hello Rob. Welcome.

Welcome to the forums. :slight_smile:

10-96

Hi and welcome!!

Rob, just want to say hi and welcome to the form :smile:

Hi Rob
This is a great place to find support. Welcome!

any success stories of medicine that works long term , my wife has been on 5 and counting