Research participants wanted (mothers) - Vancouver BC, Canada

More info:

#UBC is Looking for Research #Participants!
Study: Development, Obstetric Histories, Premorbid Adjustments and Psychosis

Who: Mothers with one or more children aged 16 or above who has been diagnosed with a #psychoticillness (such as #schizophrenia, #schizoaffective disorder, or #bipolar disorder)

This #researchstudy is looking at pregnancy and birth histories of mothers of persons diagnosed with a #psychoticdisorder. Prenatal and birth events are thought to contribute to emergence of #psychotic disorders later in life. Understanding how such early developmental events affect mental health later in life is an important opportunity to gain insight on when and how interventions would be most beneficial in addressing psychotic illnesses.
If you chose to participate in this study, you will be asked to take part in an interview either in person or by telephone. This interview will take approximately 30 to 45 minutes to complete. Questions regarding your pregnancy and birth history, and developmental history of your child will be asked. If you are interested in volunteering for this study, please contact the researchers directly by email or telephone.

Email: neuroimaging.psychosis@ubc.ca
Telephone: 604-875-2000 Ext. 4731

3 Likes

I have so much trouble navigating Twitter but I tweeted a message to try to find out more about this, the link leads nowhere unfortunately. Hopefully I will hear back at some point. btw, I love your posts.

According to the Facebook page.

#UBC is Looking for Research #Participants!

Study: Development, Obstetric Histories, Premorbid Adjustments and Psychosis

Who: Mothers with one or more children aged 16 or above who has been diagnosed with a #psychoticillness (such as #schizophrenia, #schizoaffective disorder, or #bipolar disorder)

This #researchstudy is looking at pregnancy and birth histories of mothers of persons diagnosed with a #psychoticdisorder. Prenatal and birth events are thought to contribute to emergence of #psychotic disorders later in life. Understanding how such early developmental events affect mental health later in life is an important opportunity to gain insight on when and how interventions would be most beneficial in addressing psychotic illnesses.

If you chose to participate in this study, you will be asked to take part in an interview either in person or by telephone. This interview will take approximately 30 to 45 minutes to complete. Questions regarding your pregnancy and birth history, and developmental history of your child will be asked. If you are interested in volunteering for this study, please contact the researchers directly by email or telephone.

Email: neuroimaging.psychosis@ubc.ca
Telephone: 604-875-2000 Ext. 4731

1 Like