Schizophrenia is a lonely disease

I’m a schizophrenic from New England. Currently, I’m traveling with my gal around Florida for two weeks.

I’ve been writing to a schizophrenic for 10 years on the www. I told himI’d like to visit him.

Apparently his parents didn’t trust his judgment. They thought we were Bonnie and Clyde.

But when we finally got there, all three of them were so lonely!

That’s traveling for ya . . . you get to make a lot of goodbyes . . .

Jayster

2 Likes

I agree, although I can understand why there needs to be some boundaries. I have greatly appreciated the input of those with schizophrenia because it really helps me get a good perspective of what my daughter is dealing with. It has been invaluable to me.

I am moderating according to the forum guidelines and the direction I’ve been given by @SzAdmin. One of the problems is that there are circumstances where it would be beneficial for diagnosed and caregivers to exchange feedback and support, but there is no area defined for it. This means that areas designated for peer support get crowded by conversations they weren’t intended for.

Pixel.
(Wearing moderator hat)

I completely understand and appreciate your efforts at moderating. It’s often a thankless job. So, thank you. :smiley:

Jayster, I’m sorry that happened but Have you thought how you would have done it differently next time? Meet for lunch somewhere and have ask them what they Would recommend doing?

1 Like