Starting the process for guardianship for adult child

Yes, and the medicines they prescribed. You should be able get their records if your son signs. I got a lot of my son’s records short of his earliest hospitalizations just by being the one who took him to the doctor and paid for the visit. I was encouraged to get guardianship from every doctor and to get him on SSI. They were very frank. One doctor said when he is 25 he comes off your insurance anyway and insurance companies are not going to be nice to him.

2 Likes

he told you that he felt in peace this is good sign. at least he is not telling you ugly words like my son.
Hoping for more improvement in next days to all of our loved ones…

1 Like

My son is now 26 years of age and he was diagnosed when he was 23. I will always try to find ways to help him as long as I am alive.
I heart also that this illness gets better with time. I just cannot wait until he is like 30 years of age so I may enjoy some peaceful time with my son :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes caar2016, it is a good sign. The nastiness went on for awhile but not lately. He lost his phone privilege at the hospital over it in fact for about three weeks.

1 Like

@Mom2 - Do you turn his phone off if he gets unpleasant?

1 Like

Yes, we take his phone from him when he is not stable. I will turn it off in the future. It just isn’t good for anyone to have him texting when he isn’t well. It’s sad but necessary sometimes.

3 Likes

@Mom2 Way before my sons break he would text me long notes about what a terrible mother I had been etc etc. I, fortunately, don’t remember all of what was being said. It was very stressful as he would do this while I was at work. I finally told him if he didn’t stop that I would block his number. Fortuntately, that took care of it.

1 Like