The Mind Unleashed - 7 Things to Remember When You Think You’re Not Good Enough

“We can’t hate ourselves into a version of ourselves we can love.” ~Lori Deschene

Sometimes I am really terrible to myself and relentlessly compare myself to other people, no matter how many times I read or hear about how good enough or lovable I am.

On an almost daily basis, I meticulously look for evidence that I am a nobody, that I don’t deserve to be loved, or that I’m not living up to my full potential. There is generally a lot of pressure to “stack up” in our culture. We feel as if there is something wrong with us if, for example, we’re still single by a certain age, don’t make a certain amount of income, don’t have a large social circle, or don’t look and act a certain way in the presence of others. The list could truly go on forever.

“I’m good enough, I’m smart enough and doggonit people like me!” -Stuart Smalley

Good article. Thanks for posting.

I have a love/hate relationship with myself. I am so mortified by some of the things I can’t help doing.

I just listen to those stupid self aggrandizing rap songs. I get into them to the point where I am sorta dancing along.

It heal my soul.

lol :wink:

I feel like that a lot. I went to my depression group today.Very humbling. Felt like odd man out. I left it feeling more depressed than when I went in.

There’s ME…
And then there’s all the normal people…

i think you are a really nice person, the site is better for your presence.
some one has to lead the mad out of the darkness, we need light for that.
take care

As you get older, those things just fade away and become ridiculous…

We made it this far so we have to be good enough :smile:

I have been kicked out of two groups within three months. Therapy+cooking group. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

At lease Sheryl Crow makes us happy. :musical_note:

Needed this so much! I now have it under my “favorites” to refer to when I am feeling very critical of myself (which is almost all the time)

She has bad taste in men though.

Why did they kick you out bakedbeans?

Group Therapy- Kicked out for looking bored most of the time.

Cooking Group- Poor interpersonal skills. Whatever that means. :astonished: