The most important words

What is the most important words person with schizophrenia wants to hear from family and friends (every day )

Besides, here have this $100 bill would probably be I love you.

no matter what you do or say i will always love you :heart:
take care :alien:

when my mind was more head circus then reality… and I was having a hard time communicating… trying to get my family to understand…

My sis said many times…

"It’s Ok J… I believe you."
That would be a weight off my mind.

Other then that… “I love you” is one that helped me…

“You’re still useful” is probably the biggest one for me.

Are you okay? I’m ethnic and sometimes cultural values get in the way of asking.

“Ready for dinner?”

An empty stomach is for Monsters.
That looks like me

1 Like

“It’s alright, it’s not your fault”

[quote=“cj9556, post:5, topic:33438”]
“You’re still useful”[/quote]

[quote=“Minnii, post:8, topic:33438”]
“It’s alright, it’s not your fault”[/quote]

These two are the big ones for me.

When I ask my son if he is ok–he gets offended.

It’s hard to be kind to schizophrenics sometimes, isn’t it?
I remember reacting that way to my mom being just kind.

I have two brothers and sisters…

My Mom told me that even with my schizophrenia, I’m the sanest and most normal out of the entire bunch!

lol!

1 Like

**If I tell him I love him, he will mumble or tell me not to say that! :hear_no_evil: **

Ahhh I kinda understand why.
But he doesn’t mean it. I’m sure. :smiley:

You are a good person. ---- you are a good soul. You are such a good person. God loves you so much. I sure am glad I got to be your Mom. Thank you for your help. Thank you for being so quiet this morning.

“I forgive you.”
“It’s okay.”
“That makes sense.”
“I understand.”
“You’re important to me.”
“You are not going crazy.”
“Is there anything I can do to help?”
“You’re not a bad person.”
“I love you.” – This can backfire, sometimes it’s also the thing that they hate hearing the most.

I once told my fiancé, “I believe you. The voices are not real and the hallucinations are not real, but your experiences are real.”

Just because we don’t see or hear the things that they see or hear doesn’t make their experience any less real than ours.

Other than “I love you,” it’s one of the things that I’ve said to him where he’s felt the most relief, safe, and calm.