Venting for support

How strong can I be for myself and for my ex boyfriend. We started talking again and he has been telling me that things have only been getting worse for him. And of course there is no other friends or family members that support him. We have talked about getting back together but can I really handle this? Am I going to be responsible for what happens to him? Where do I get my support from? I have no one to talk to about this and I constantly just feel alone

1 Like

I remember you, I answered your question a while ago and my advice remains the same. If you want you can express how you feel on here and talk to the people on here. I don’t have any friends that I can talk to this about or anyone who understands what it’s like either outside of here. Whether you can handle it is up to you, you know your own strengths and limit. You’re not necessarily responsible for him since he’s an adult, but it does feel that way a lot of the times. I feel alone too every day.

2 Likes

I remember you too. Thank you

1 Like

IF you get back together with him, make sure you do what you can to develop a support system for each one of you.

I know that’s not an easy thing to do.

Go to NAMI meetings, seek out other in-person support groups, start going to church or some place like that if you don’t already (I’m not religious, but it helps a lot of people.)

I’ve been to a support group for parents a couple times and I was pleasantly surprised at how much better it made me feel. The people there have been through the same things, they’re interested in what everyone has to say, and they offer very helpful advice.

I’ve found that most people are at least sympathetic even if they can’t offer any real, concrete help, but you have to be open to it. And even then, you’ll have lots of times where you feel really, really alone and tired of it all.

It’s a big decision, and don’t feel guilty if you come to the decision that you just can’t do it again.

2 Likes

Anytime, feel free to PM me if you’d like. I think we may be around the same age (I’m 18).

What does PM mean? How did u know that?

1 Like

I just feel like I would feel so much better if I could actually go to him for support. I just wish we could talk about it and make me feel better about everything. Then maybe I would be okay

Today has been such an awful day emotionally I feel so terrible and depressed

Personally message. You can tell a lot about a person by the way that they write. You guys can actually talk about it together, we do. We are each other’s support in that manner. I was crying today the whole day as I was packing because I’m very depressed that he’s going to be in the hospital for such a long time.

1 Like

PM =private message and @Doctor your writing comes across much older than 18. :slight_smile:

I’ve been told. What’s funny is that I look super young and sound like a 12 year old with an American accent so people always assume I’m younger before they speak to me.

2 Likes