Vraylar Success stories anyone?

Anyone family member on vraylar? I’ve heard a lot of great things about this one.

Never heard of that one but please share any success your loved one may have with it. Have they started taking it yet?

My son is on it. Scattered results. Active symptoms ie voices lessened - not a lot of weight gain- but he has not taken it for 90 days straight.

1 Like

An update? Does he have disorganized thoughts? If so does it help?

Seems to help my husband in terms of whatever underlying processes drive the paranoia and delusions, @Rush2010.

His thoughts remain a bit disorganized, but this is he’s been as long as I’ve known him. But he is able to focus on what’s in front of him rather than being consumed by paranoid fears, and he’s been able to return to work.

Interestingly, I think the underlying brain differences have contributed to his successes at work in some ways - his work requires a lot of creativity and he can see connections that others cannot, which can be a real strength and can bring him recognition in his field. But of course, when he spins out, he starts seeing all sorts of connections that aren’t really there.

If I had to guess, I’d say maybe the medication helps a lot with the inner experiences that cause anxiety (auditory hallucinations, a sense that something is going on that does not bode well for him). And that this reduced anxiety allows him to focus his ability to make interesting and novel connections in more productive ways.