Wish me luck! Flying out to get my son tomorrow (Nov 20)

Good Luck Barbie!! Prayers to you and son

I know you are feeling relieved and holding your breath at the same time. Hoping it all works out the very best it. It seems you and Dr.'s have things well in hand. Sending you good vibes.

We got home last night… He is still really sick. Voices/entities and word salad. Thankfully the voices or intrusive thoughts seem to be humorous to him although they are pretty messed up and involve sexual content etc. He finally went to sleep after 6 or 7 this morning. I have already called his case worker about getting a sleep aide prescribed as he is back to thinking that going without sleep is a way of cleansing the body.

Seeing him was hard on Friday. He was still in psychosis to the point of not being sure if I was real. I did consider not having him released as I’m not sure he is stable enough however I wanted to get him home. Other then him randomly laughing with himself the flight went smooth.

Last night was rough. I don’t want to push or fight with him however I can’t let him go without sleep for such long periods or he will end up in the hospital. Although I’m worried that that is where he should be anyways.

BarbieBF, you are so strong and have even taken care of us here on the forums in ways. I wish you the best in this. I wish the best for you and your son. If you don’t mind me asking… in which country to you reside? I picked up some decent research skills in university and would like to help you discover the options available for getting invega covered, etc. I will do as much research on it as I can, if you like.

Take care and good luck!

I’m in Ontario Canada. The hospital had his next Invega shot prepared for me to give to his treatment team and I already filled a Lithium prescription for a month. They kept him on the Lithium as they are unsure if there is a mood component and didn’t want to take any chances. So I guess he may be schizoaffective…

Going to try calling disability, again, and see where his old file is at.

Oh okay. I’m Canadian as well. My psychiatrist had to apply to MSI to get the shot approved and covered, which I will be receiving soon. It was quick here; hopefully it’s just as quick in Ontario.

I’m pretty sure that a number of schizophrenics reverse night and day. I’m pretty sure that frequent careers for schizophreics are taxi driver and prostitute. If that is so it would make sense, for one thing, because of the night time hours.

I frequently reverse night and day. I am frequenlty making a buck, one way or another, between midnight and 6 AM.

Jayster

I used to ALWAYS work graveyard shift when I was a nurse. And I did it for years and years.