Family and Caregiver Schizophrenia Discussion Forum

Dissolvable Risperidone in liquid

Has anyone taken dissolvable tablets of Risperidone in liquid?

I have been on the pill form of Risperdal/Risperidone for almost 20 years. I need to try a different form for my stomach and digestive system.

How is the dissovable tablets of Risperidone in liquid? I take 1 1/2 mg., a low dose.

1. What liquids is it recommended to be dissolved in?
  2. Do you drink it with a meal? Or, can it cause nausea?

*I also take 1/2 mg. of Benztropine with the Risperidone for the side effects.

2 Likes

If you try it, I would be interested to know your experience.

My family member has a Risperdal Consta injection twice a month and that seems to work pretty well.

1 Like

My son did for a while take 4mg of liquid risperidone , he didn’t take with food or anything.
He used to just pour it in the cap,and drink it .

0 Likes

[quote=“Hereandhere, post:2, topic:5234”]
Risperdal Consta injection twice[/quote]

hereandthere,
do you information if Risperdal Consta injection twice a month works better than Invega-sustena?

0 Likes

Every person who takes each medication is unique. My family member is having really good luck so far with the Risperdal Consta, so they haven’t suggested any changes.

I do think it’s easier in a way because the dose can be changed more quickly if needed. Other than that, no idea.

1 Like

the Risperdal Consta, so they haven’t suggested any changes
Hereandhere,
how did it take your family member to be stable on Risperdal Consta shots?

0 Likes

I meant how long did it take your family member to get stable on Risperdal Consta shots? how many Months?
is he taking oral medicine with shots?

0 Likes

The medication started out oral to make sure it was safe.

Started at average dose, then that dose was raised. Then it was lowered again a few months later.

I’d say that with the transition from zyprexa to risperdal, it took about four or six months for him to really feel okay.

1 Like

Hereandhere,
another question. at the present time, is your family member is taking only shots right now? or Shots + oral.

0 Likes

Only shots of risperdal right now. Oral antidepressants.

0 Likes

I have been on the oral solution for about 1 year and just switched back to the pill form of Risperidone because the solution was affecting my digestive process. The oral solution was also putting me to sleep less that 2 hours after taking it with a meal.

So back to the pill form. The pill form which I have been taking for twenty years now is also more inexpensive than the oral solution.

Thanks, S.M.

2 Likes