Dissolvable Risperidone in liquid

Has anyone taken dissolvable tablets of Risperidone in liquid?

I have been on the pill form of Risperdal/Risperidone for almost 20 years. I need to try a different form for my stomach and digestive system.

How is the dissovable tablets of Risperidone in liquid? I take 1 1/2 mg., a low dose.

1. What liquids is it recommended to be dissolved in?
  2. Do you drink it with a meal? Or, can it cause nausea?

*I also take 1/2 mg. of Benztropine with the Risperidone for the side effects.

2 Likes

If you try it, I would be interested to know your experience.

My family member has a Risperdal Consta injection twice a month and that seems to work pretty well.

1 Like

My son did for a while take 4mg of liquid risperidone , he didn’t take with food or anything.
He used to just pour it in the cap,and drink it .

[quote=“Hereandhere, post:2, topic:5234”]
Risperdal Consta injection twice[/quote]

hereandthere,
do you information if Risperdal Consta injection twice a month works better than Invega-sustena?

Every person who takes each medication is unique. My family member is having really good luck so far with the Risperdal Consta, so they haven’t suggested any changes.

I do think it’s easier in a way because the dose can be changed more quickly if needed. Other than that, no idea.

1 Like

the Risperdal Consta, so they haven’t suggested any changes
Hereandhere,
how did it take your family member to be stable on Risperdal Consta shots?

I meant how long did it take your family member to get stable on Risperdal Consta shots? how many Months?
is he taking oral medicine with shots?

The medication started out oral to make sure it was safe.

Started at average dose, then that dose was raised. Then it was lowered again a few months later.

I’d say that with the transition from zyprexa to risperdal, it took about four or six months for him to really feel okay.

1 Like

Hereandhere,
another question. at the present time, is your family member is taking only shots right now? or Shots + oral.

Only shots of risperdal right now. Oral antidepressants.

I have been on the oral solution for about 1 year and just switched back to the pill form of Risperidone because the solution was affecting my digestive process. The oral solution was also putting me to sleep less that 2 hours after taking it with a meal.

So back to the pill form. The pill form which I have been taking for twenty years now is also more inexpensive than the oral solution.

Thanks, S.M.

2 Likes