Does music help?

I’ve read a lot of posts from people who say music helps them cope with a sick loved one, or even helps themselves if they’ve been diagnosed. I think music can help lift a person out of their doldrums. So easy to get stuck there. There’s an old Irish saying, “Where there is music, there can be no harm.” I’m curious what songs people find helpful. Here’s one I like. It’s an old lullaby.

3 Likes

Hello!!

Here is a song I thought i’d share. May it help others as it has me.

((Depression??, contemplating Suicide??, …but…then a MIRACLE!!))

And one of HOPE!! …(when chaos is running your life) Hope there is peace …hope you like this song

3 Likes

Ok. No country is allowed on this thread. LOL! Just kidding.

3 Likes

LOL> you can run…but you can’t hide!!! :smiley:

Here is a better up beat song. :smiley:

(((For the Rockers out there))) for you all!!!

3 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

For the opera lovers…

the words of this one.

2 Likes

I couldn’t resist.

1 Like

if i had to describe this one song in one word. It would be…“Ethereal” …such a song…that touches the soul.

Thank you!!! …its a beautiful song!! …I can almost imagine the dance of the flowers. Sooo beautiful

More music for the Opera Lovers. (hint: its from the movie “Phantom of the Opera”)

Enjoy!!

2 Likes

I’m long been a fan of Sarah Brightman. Quite a voice. Sarah Brightman & Andrea Bocelli - Time to Say Goodbye (1997) [720p] - YouTube

2 Likes

Don’t know how the guy can sing though, with such a beautiful woman hanging on his shoulder. I’d be like, “AHEM! Please leave room for the Holy Ghost.”

2 Likes
1 Like

I’ll have to listen to all these postings after work. Here is one from Creed

2 Likes

Yep. That’s an incredibly powerful song. You gotta have a really good car stereo though. And a box of tissues. I love when he baptizes himself in the video. I watched a lifelong heroine addict do that once. Pretty powerful moment.

1 Like

I love that second video. For some reason, it reminds me of a story my dad told me about a couple relatives of ours. (I won’t mention their names.) They were driving, when suddenly another car plowed into theirs. Except it didn’t. The cars actually passed through each other. They said afterward there was no way they could’ve avoided the accident. Two cars literally passed through each other. No harm, no foul. I’m not saying I believe the story. But it does make me wonder.

3 Likes

This song wasn’t intended for schiz, but some of the lyrics apply.

2 Likes

(Verse One)
Donna fell and lost her way home
Now she’ll never find her way home
Donna fell and lost her way

(Chorus)
And I lie awake
And I lie awake
She’ll never be the same

A blooming flower in wilting hour