Feeling frustrated and angry

I’ve been trying very hard to be patient with my hb while he continues transition on his meds. Again knowing it’s not about fault or blame as far as his diagnosis.

However, I feel a continued barrage of questioning from him which I know is mostly the paranoia of the illness. My spiritual beliefs are different from his and he feels like my beliefs and the people that are part of my religion are against him which in turn makes me the enemy but also causes conflict in him because I’m his wife and he loves me.

This is a giant part of the anger that triggers almost every episode he has. I’m feeling on edge and that anticipation of another conflict just around the corner. He’s usually the one that brings it up so I’m not sure how to divert from the conversation without being obvious. He will even say to me, changing the subject again huh?

Anyway, I just needed to vent but was also wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and how they have handled it. Thank you all.

It can be frustrating when you want to tell your loved one it’s all in their mind, that it’s their illness that is making them think things that aren’t true.
We just listen to our son when he vents, when he starts to get loud, I ask him calmly to talk to me that what his concerns are, are important too me.
Being in a different religion than your spouse can be difficult, but let him know, that YOU by applying what you are taught, will make you a better wife, mom and most of all faithful person.
I find that reading post and videos of those that have slowly made progress and show some signs of recovery, hopeful. It may or may not happen to us, but we just take it one day at a time, and try to find the good moments in each day.
Hugs to you :hibiscus:

1 Like

Schizophrenia can be so unpredictable… You got good and bad days. My loved one has been accusing me of loving my ex and it’s definitely his paranoia along with other delusional thoughts. My advice is calmly talk to him and be patient. Take good care of YOURSELF too. Dealing with a close loved one with this illness can drain you mentally, just be as patient as possible or encourage him to go to counseling to help this situation…