Guardianship?

Does anyone have guardianship over their loved ones?
Aside from the legal stuff, what does this entail as far as their medications are concerned?
Can you have them court ordered to take meds?
What do you do if they don`t?
Thanks in advance…

mrs. sith can make decisions etc on mybehalf…
she is my legal carer…
not sure in the states…re-meds etc.
take care :alien:

Does that mean she can decide if you should take medication?

yes, mrs.sith could ring up the pdoc and ask for me to be on medication…
then the shrink would make the final decision.
but this is australia…so things are a little different here…i think.
take care :alien:

**Yeah-I will have to check things out.
Thanks Mr. Sith! :kissing_smiling_eyes: **

Yes, I had LPS Conservatorship guardianship for my son 2x and I usually ask the doctor if we can get him on conservatorship LPS (temporary)… The doctor will sometimes ask me if I would like him to be on temporary conservatorship for 1 year because he has a history of stopping his meds. Right now I am not my son’s conservator because year is up and I chose not to fight him in court and continue his conservatorship LPS. They have to take meds in hospital and cannot refuse while there in a hospital or long term care or they will be force to get a shot… When there out of hospital they cannot be force to take meds. While your guardian you can take them out of the hospital or long term care. Hope this helps!

See if you can find a lawyer that will give a free consultation. Here in Canada it can be different from province to province so I don’t know about where you live.

A lot of terms and documents. Different types of power of attorney that give different rights. Property, medical and personal… I think one would give all.

I think you would have to prove incompetence which may not be easy.

Guardianship means that you have the right - and great responsibility - to make decisions on behalf of, and in the best interests of, the individual. You have the right to make decisions about his or her medical care, and the right to have them admitted to the hospital if they are not med-compliant.