He’s all apologetic now

Well today my husband is all apologetic for his behavior. He is aware of his illness and that he has been off since going off his meds. He is back on them now and is still adjusting to them. He admitted he has not been himself, which I suppose is a good thing, but I tell you, the roller coaster ride continues. I really do hope he has made a breakthrough, but I am very wary. I had all but let him go, because of the stress I was under and the pain he was causing me. I empathize with him and I know he is genuinely sorry, and he is a good person deep down, but I remain wary. Who knows how long this will last, and I don’t know if I can take it.

1 Like

How is it going, Sage? I’ve been thinking about you and hoping things have continued to move in positive directions.

Hi itsastruggle,

Thanks for checking in, things have done a 180. My husband has been doing phenomenal! He adjusted to his meds and realizes now he has to get his shot every 2 weeks. He is absolutely symptom free and we are rekindling our love and relationship. We took a trip to Niagara Falls last month and had the time of our lives. I thank all of you for giving me the support I needed when things were bad. I don’t know if I would have been able to make it without you. schizophrenia.com is such a wonderful outlet. He now has been giving me TONS of support through my mental illness issues. I have borderline personality disorder, and guilt and shame from my past. Now that he is well he has been so kind, tender, patient, and loving. I guess that is what marriage is. Mutual respect and support. And lots of patience.

Sage

2 Likes