Family and Caregiver Schizophrenia Discussion Forum

Hearing tomorrow

Hi all. Our hearing before the administrative law judge for my daughter is tomorrow. We are both very nervous about the hearing. Please pray for a good judge and that the SSI is finally approved.

2 Likes

Good luck @dkgreg I hope you get the SSI!!! I am sure it will be helpful!

Did you get approval?

Here’s an update on the SSI hearing. My daughter had the hearing yesterday and there was a psychiatrist and a vocational expert present who said she cannot work in any job capacity. The lawyer said the hearing went very well and the judge told my daughter to wait for a letter with his decision to be mailed within 2 - 3 months. I did not know it took so long for a decision to be made, but I sure hope she is approved.

3 Likes

There is a program here called and (pretty sure that’s the name) in CO. They can get $ while waiting for the ssi to kick in. Up to $180 a month. It’s through the Housing Dept. - same place you apply for food stamps. Maybe you have something like that where you live? I can get more details for you if you want. I’m sure your daughter will get the ssi.

They say 2-3 months but I think you will be approved based on what you said and I think that letter will be closer to the 2 months rather than the 3. You know I am rooting for you both, you have worked so hard to get this in place. Always my best to you.