Hello all , My name is Ron and a good friend of mine has schizophrenia. He has delusions that Jesus Christ has given up on him and left him for the demons.He also thinks he is being followed by the Israel Secret service everywhere. He has progressively gotten worse over the last year with no professional help. He has lost his job and his will to live has taken a dive over the last the month. I did not know this was going on until he contacted me for the first time in a long time a week ago to say goodbye as he can not fend off the demons much longer. He believes that "everyone is in on it, the demons are everywhere and hide in children who wave their fingers at him and his church where they mock him and the stroes when he goes out ,he shops at 3am in the morning to hide from others and does not get out of bed some days. The demons are telling him “its almost over”.He has spoke of his death coming much lately.
I need as much advice as you can give at this point. Here are some basics to give you an idea of my situation.
- He lives alone 3 hrs from my home and his bothers(3)
- He lost his job and according to him he has no insurance to cover Dr visits ( let alone he does not believe he is sick)
- He has told me his brothers are “in on it” with the demons.
- I called his brothers who confirmed the last month has gotten much worse.
- They have agreed to take action at this time.
- They want to pay him a visit tomorrow without telling him ( I think this might not be a good idea, I want them to inform him before the they or we go.
This is part of my problem, I think I should not go to be a plan B in case he resents them coming. Furthermore being a Sunday we are limited on resources in the area. I also think they are going to try and reason with him and after my talks with him I think this is not going to happen.
- I want to learn before I act to increase our chances of success. Who can I/we talk to?
- He lives in Carlisle Pa, what do I look into to get him free help?
I will help with whatever I can but my trips there will require me to leave my family for a full day each time I go so I need them to be productive. I have begun to keep the info he gives me written down to help his Dr as I have learned this is important. What next? I am going to try and get him to try nd see a Dr. I have been listening more than any thing to get a better understanding of of where his thinking is .
1.He thinks he is fine in terms of mental health and see’s no need to go.
2. He prays often to Jesus to help him though he knows Jesus has given up on him.
3. For 90 % of our talks he does seem perfectly normal and with it ( his usual self)
I have entertained his stories as something real and suggested we need to fight them(demons) off with the help Jesus has provided us here on earth, ( Dr’s , medicine, water, healthy foods, exercise and living right). My aim is to get him there willingly and am ready to ask him if he would let me come with him for a visit somewhere. ( Dr.) with his blessing.
This is all Greek to me and I am making it up as I go but need some help getting him to take the first steps.
Ty for any help you can give, Ron