Home, Diag Forum, About, Contact Us, FAQ

Heroine OD, all is lost

post deleted, post deleted

As a caregiver If you can’t learn to laugh it off you will not survive. … my wife of 26 years…
https://youtu.be/Vik2RTd6Owg

GSSP–0h, boy that video brings back memories, not good, of living w my ex sz husband. I love when you said, I’m trying to watch tv, while she rants and raves! Been there, done that! Reminds me of one of our last, great arguments over some innocent comment I made about American Idol,

Don’t give up! You never know what tomorrow will bring. I hope your daughter is recovering from the O.D.

I’m glad you have a place to escape to on the weekend.

@GSSP I am so sorry you’re experiencing this. I lost my niece to heroin a few weeks ago.:cold_sweat: She was 20 and also bipolar. Heroin is an epidemic in this country and no one survives it. My friend Tim Ryan is a recovering heroin addict who is helping save lives across the country by finding treatment for heroin addicts and support for their families. If you are open to it, please reach out to him. He is truly remarkable and provides hope. Here’s his website and email tryan@amirf.org

You can say Jed referred you. Also, do you have narcan?

You can get it at Walgreens and can help save her life if she overdoses. God bless!

Per the heroin, this won’t help, but my son got addicted to opiates so he was part of the huge prescription pill epidemic. The only reason that he didn’t become a heroin addict is that he wouldn’t leave the house or talk to anyone enough to get them. The pills came from the couple friends he had who were taking them from their parents and from some we had in the house.

However, he said they were the only thing that ever really helped him. And, since he led us to believe that a variety of supplements were helping him, I have to agree - unfortunately for all of us, it’s not a sustainable solution.

He was younger than your daughter then, older than her now - but he spent about 5 or 6 years on a suboxone program, lost control of his psychosis, and quit them cold turkey almost a year ago when he was going manic.

He’s clean right now, but I fear that if he ever gets social enough that he can leave the house on his own with any amount of money, it would only be a matter of time before he’s using again. Recovery, either way, can be a double edged sword.

Just saying, I know how you feel even though we’re in a pretty good place right now. And, I think I kind of understand how your daughter feels. If I was in her place, maybe I’d choose the same thing. After all, even a few minutes of relief is probably worth paying that huge price.

Hopefully, it’ll get better for all of you.

I kept hearing you tell your wife in the video to go take her meds & relax.
If she does, is she OK for awhile?
If my son got to that stage, one dose of meds wouldn’t bring him back - he’d be full-blown manic at that stage.

Yes, you are correct that any escape from this illness is worth pursuing in their minds…

OMG! This is totally my dad. He would get in my face and say “Who do you think you are?” while using all of his energy to “stare me in the soul”, and say “you are nothing, you will always be nothing, don’t you ever think you’re something, because you’re not”. -and then like an hour later be my daddy again. He’d completely forget about the whole thing, and be my superhero again. I called it the “monster inside daddy”. By around second grade I could tell when he when was having delusions/hallucinations. The way he’d walk, talk, and his posture when standing would be different. He had different eyes too. He’d stare into space, then pace over and over again. -yelling at the walls and anyone he came across until his face turned blue. Man, was it a wild ride!