I was Aurora here. Any of the old members still on this site?

My schizophrenic mother passed away. She was 80. Gum cancer from smoking went to her lungs. I took care of her since I was 8 years old. It’s been just a few a months since she passed. Am working thru it.

My husband also passed away. He understood this illness all too well. I knew him since I was 11 years old. And my senior dog who would wrap herself around my mother’s neck on the sofa also passed. Been a rough year. Just my daughter and I left, And I adopted two dogs to fill this empty space in our lives.

I can’t tell you how helpful this site has been for me. I hope to hear great successes from previous friend and from new ones too.

5 Likes

So very sorry for your tremendous losses. You have been through so much. My heart goes out to you. I don’t recall if we have shared posts in the past but my sz son is doing very well on his meds. He will be 34 in April. We work well as functional roommates these days. I am really glad you have your daughter and now a couple of more dogs. Dogs are a great comfort with all of their unconditional love. You sound like you have a huge loving heart and I wish you a much better new year going forward. Hugs

2 Likes