Is it normal to have delusions about your caregivers being evil

So I have schizophrenia and reasently changed my meds from olanzapin to Seroquel. And I have been delusional about my boyfriend. It was going on for a week that I was convinced that he is a narcissistist, and emotional abusive and that his only goal was to break me down. I was quite certain that he was evil and I was very scared. Last Monday I was drinking heavely and had a nervous breakdown. I was texting and calling my friends while I was very drunk and told them that my boyfriend was abusing me emotionally and that I was sure that he was going to hurt me. I got into a big fight with my boyfriend, where I said some very hurtful things, threatened to kill him twice and also said that I would report him to the police for mentally abuse. My boyfriend ended up weeping because he was very chocked and hurt and didn’t understand why I was suddenly so hateful. I also said that I would commit suicide. So my boyfriend took my meds away from me.
The last days I have been very confused. My boyfriend keeps telling me that he is not evil.

Hi @AnnaMoon , I did find your posts and I restored them. You are in a delicate place right now and need real help from your psychiatrist and therapist. The main forum, for people who have schizophrenia, might be able to help you more than the family/caregiver support forum. I am sorry that you are having a rough time. Take care, hope

1 Like

Hi @AnnaMoon , I too am sorry you are having a rough time. I can say that as a caregiver to my daughter, she sometimes thought that my husband and I were evil. Especially when she was off of her meds. So schizophrenia can give a person those types of delusions.

Have you joined the main schizophrenia.com forum? It is meant for those with schizophrenia. Perhaps you would get some further answers there. Best of luck to you sorting this out for yourself.

I’m very sorry that your daughter is experiencing the same kind of paranoia. It must be very hurtful for you as her parents. I got help from my support team, my therapist and psychiatrist. I can see clearly that my boyfriend is not evil now. I’m no longer psychotic, at least not at the moment.
I think what is so difficult, is because that I’m an adult, Im 39 years and I have a degree in literature. Now Im sick and depending on the care of my boyfriend, which is frustrating and also kind of humiliating for a grown woman.
Maybe it is the same thing that counts for your daughter, she is frustrated because the schizophrenia prevents her for doing the same thing as other young people. I don’t know. It is just so difficult to be sick.

1 Like

Oh @AnnaMoon , sometimes all of us need help. We have to learn to accept the help gracefully and gratefully. I am glad that you have help from your support team, therapist and psychiatrist. And from your boyfriend.

1 Like

Dear Anna, I’m so happy you are making progress getting your illness under control. My dear friend, who is now reaching retirement age, is also tormented by frustration and regret at not having had a life like his peers. He he has fought treatment of any kind and is now completely alone, unmedicated and isolated. I support him as best I can from a distance. It is also frustrating for me but I have learned to be patient and take one day at a time.

The fact that you are willing to work with therapists and physicians is fantastic. Hopefully you will find that mix of treatments that lets you live a life as close to “normal” as possible and give you more independence and dignity. Please try to stay hopeful! And please also continue to stay in touch about your progress. You might be interested in this website: https://www.youtube.com/@LivingWellwithSchizophrenia

1 Like