Family and Caregiver Schizophrenia Discussion Forum

My boyfriend thinks I am cheating on him

Hello. My boyfriend have paranoid schizophrenia. We are in relationship for more than a year. We live together and everything was good. Until recently, at first he start to ask me if I am masturbating (when I was laying down to rest or to sleep). I was not masturbating and I was telling him that, but he was not believing me. We spoke about it with him, he also spoke with his doctor and it seems that he get better and don’t have such thought anymore. But than he starts to think that I am cheating on him, with one of his friends, whom is helping my boyfriend for many many years to handle his symptoms.
We decide to have a small break and my boyfriend yesterday went to stay at his best friend house in another town for few days.
And today he called me and told me that he know that yesterday night his friend was at our place (with me).
I don’t know what to do and how to act.
My boyfriend is taking medicines. Few months ago after asking his doctor he start to take one medic less, but this last days when he understood that he have this paranoia he again spoke with his doctor and put up medics doze. Sometimes he understand that what he thinks is not the truth, but than he again at that emotional condition and I am worry if he will have panic attack.
I don’t know if he should be hospitalized or this thoughts will pass with time.
I never cheat on him and I am not going to! And with this his friend we our not even close.
If somebody can tell how I can act in this situation.

Maybe you should take a brake from this relationship.