Options for where my daughter can live...she’s too afraid to live with me

@Maggotbrane and @oldladyblue,

My husband and I have watched the video from Dr Amador twice now…it was very helpful. I have downloaded his book and plan to begin reading it today. Regarding therapy, my daughter has been consistently refusing that.

Thank you for taking the time to share your live experiences with me…I know that in itself must be painful.

2 Likes

My 31 year old son suffered from paranoid delusions called “gang stalking” and while at home he hallucinated people outside the house and was always worried about people trying to get in. There were also stalking-via-internet delusions.

He was hospitalized for about a week and starting taking anti-psychotics, which he complied with when he was released. First olanzapine (Zyprexa) (10-20 mg), which caused severe weight gain and several times the maximum amount of safe triglycerides. But the delusions went away. He continued to hear voices, but apparently of a much less threatening nature. After a year he was taken off of olanzapine because of the side effects and started on Abilify (10 mg). He’s started to lose the weight he put on and still no delusions. He still hears voices, but I think it continues to improve.

From my experience, I’d have to say that medications were very effective in decreasing the delusions.
I think having a psychiatrist he likes and trusts also helps a great deal.

@caregiver1. Thank you for much for sharing how you son is doing. The information on Ziprexa was very timely.