People with Schizophrenia Spectrum Disorders eligible for COVID boosters

I was intending to get a COVID booster anyway, because eligibility is approved under an honor system, but now I’m eligible because they added mood disorders as a criteria. Apparently this includes depression and schizophrenia spectrum illnesses, and I assume bipolar disorder is included but I don’t see it mentioned. Nice that they got ahead of this this time; it wasn’t an explicit priority when they first started rolling vaccines out. I was prepared to argue my case or get my psychiatrist to write a note, but the initial roll-out was faster than expected and I ended up not needing one.

I’m going to try for a Moderna booster, as I had Pfizer the first go around and studies seem to indicate it may have an edge over Pfizer alone.

2 Likes

My daughter, husband and I all got the first shots (Pfizer) and I got boosted twice with Moderna. No one had any side effects. Nor did any of us get very ill, although we all got Covid, it was mild. Most people I know had 2 or 3 shots, I’d say 35 - 40 people. However, I know personally 3 who passed from Covid, boosted or not having had any shots. Also, my sons had a friend, 34, overweight, who died from a heart attack after his shot. It’s a personal choice for sure. I myself think the pandemic is over only because so many got their shots. When my 3 kids were young, I never inoculated my kids with ANY vaccine, ving the choice up to them when they grew up. One son got whooping cough, but no one got seriously ill. Neither boy chose to get Covid shots.

Don’t get any of their poison shots. NO I’m not the paranoid Schitzophrenic, but I have a 159 IQ and could be a doctor, and they never tested these like other vaccines, and many many
people are dyeing. Many are having heart attacks…even 10 year olds…You likely have antibodies which they do work better than the vaccine. That data came out, but they aren’t pushing that real data. They are pushing shots, and making money. Also regular masks don’t work, they said that, so why are people wearing them? At least wear an N-95.

You are entitled to your opinion @C11, however, I feel that perhaps you are reacting very harshly on a thread about eligibility for booster shots. I suggest maybe you could start a thread about Covid shots in general to see who agrees with you and who doesn’t (about the validity of the vaccines in general) if you wanted to.

Also, personally, I would appreciate if you edited out your cussing as it is totally inappropriate.