Residential for my 13 year old

Hi Lisa. Sorry I haven’t updated anyone. As sad as this is to say once he was admitted I realized how much of our lives were consumed with his illness. I’ve given myself and my daughter a much needed break from the whole thing. My son is doing GREAT! The insurance was actually starting to question why they are paying for this kid who has no active psychosis and no behavioral problems. We started him on Paxel and the intrusive thinking and suicidal/homicidal thoughts have almost completely ceased. No hallucinations, depression is better. His provider is convinced he was only focusing on these things from autism and he is NOT schizophrenic. I agree, but am definitely looking for signs, and probably always will be in both of the kids. Residential was the BEST choice I could have mad for him. I think he was finally able to get to the point where he is in control and able to start using some coping skills. I’ve even been able to keep him overnight twice! It’s been a huge turn around. He is set to be home the first week of August so I’m starting to prepare myself for the full caregiver role again. You all know it, appts, calming, schedules, and so on. Thanks for checking. And thanks for everyone who reached out to support me! Thank you =)

1 Like