Will I ever be myself again

Hi everyone,

My life hasn’t been the same since the beginning of 2020 and I know most people would say the same especially because of the pandemic but I feel depressed and anxious almost every single day. I don’t feel like myself ever since my sister was diagnosed with schizophrenia, she’s my bestfriend and the closest person to me and now she’s so distant even though we live under the same roof. she’s mostly so angry and is mumbling odd and mean things and sometimes tells me mean things as well. I know that this is all the illnesses fault and that’s not her. I feel so off lately and I just don’t know what to do… I’m falling apart and I don’t know how to live my life.

I feel the same. Its been over a year since my wife symptoms hit the fan. Invega has made her a different person.

2 Likes

Try talking to a therapist
try exercising more
shop for new clothes or something that will cheer you up
only you can help you
i know how hard this horrific disease is but helping yourself first will help your loved one too .
hang in there :pray:

4 Likes

I highly recommend joining Nami and taking their Family to Family course. It helps you understand what’s happening to your sister and with that you can learn not to take her behavior so personally.

4 Likes

Yes, you will feel like yourself again. It will just take time. This illness is tough to deal with. Be kind to yourself. Other people mentioned joined NAMI. That has helped me a lot. Some days are better than others. Hope things improve for you soon.

4 Likes

Hello
I totally understand what your going through with your sister. I have learned to take it one day at a time with my son and be thankful that he is alive and safe. Everyday is a new day with him. I have patience and I speak to him calmly.

I have read up on the illness a lot which has helped me tremendously. I continue to read or reread the articles on Schizophrenia.

I have attended NAMI meetings which is so beneficial and helpful for your own well being.

I have learned that I need to take care of my mental and spiritual well being daily to be able to be present for my son. Trust the journey.

I am so glad you reach out to us! Blessings to you and yours. :hugs::pray::heart:

4 Likes