A special moment

Earlier this week, I had a very special moment with my daughter. She was showing me some art she was working on and I was about to leave her room and she said, “Don’t go yet! Stay and we can talk for a while.” She then explained in detail what she calls her “mind palace”, a special place she retreats to in her mind. She had even drawn a map of this imaginary place. She talked about the diffenent characters that live there and how they talk to her throughout the day. She showed me drawings of these characters. I just say there with her and listened, making no judgements at all, only listening and asking questions. It was very interesting getting a peek at her thought patterns. It really was a very special time with my daughter, one I treasure.

9 Likes

That sounds very special, thanks for sharing…nice to hear the positives.

1 Like

Your daughter seems to be a very intelligent person, gifted with insight and good communication ability. To be able to draw her mind palace and explain the characters, oh how special that is. And you are such a great support to her! Thank you for your post, it makes me smile.

1 Like

Nice to hear that your daughter is sharing her creative mind. These are precious moments that you remember for all your life. you are a great support to her. God bless you both

3 Likes

Your daughter’s Mind Palace reminds me of writings about the Interior Castle, by St. Teresa of Avila

I’m so glad your daughter is sharing these drawings and descriptions with you. The trust and love you two share is wonderful.

1 Like