Girlfriend with bf w schizophrenia so need help bad

I dont know how to deal im ready to leave him . i cry so much i feel hurt betrayed used mentally drained… What do i dooooo i love him and want to help

I’m sorry you’re in this situation. You’re the one who has to decide. I hope things work out for the best.

Ive never been with someone like this what do i do how do i deal

Is it normal for him to have me in an uoside rollercoaster lf emotions …hate me o e day love me the next… Obssesed w sex

Have you spoke with his family? How long have you been together? Is he in treatment? Can you help him get into treatment?

http://forum.schizophrenia.com/t/early-psychosis-treatment-centers-how-to-get-great-help-for-free/12743

That happens with a lot of people in relationships with schizophrenics. That’s what a lot of people on this site say about their relationship with an sz. You have to decide if it is worth it.

I have spoken w his fanily they all gave up …he refuses help one day then wants it the next…he told me right when we met thst he had it and i accepted becuase i have my own anxiety personal issues i dont judge…i think hes handsome and when he wants to be kind carong loving but i dont really k ow who is he… He crys alot feels emotional suicidal…he says he can just get uo and go without me then next day if he looses me he cant survive… Im so drained… I have no help…

Sounds more like bipolar

Hes bee n diagnosed

In mental hospitals…jail…therapy…off n on meds all for schizo n bipolar

Hears voices…sees things…talks bout devil…hates outside world…non social…bad nightmares…

It sounds like you need a break.

You need to take care of yourself if you want to ever help others - so don’t feel bad about it. Perhaps he will seek help in the mean time and perhaps you can reconnect after you feel better.

I agree take a break and reconnect if and when he is stable. Maybe if you tell him to get help he will do so because he wants to be with you. If he wants a relationship he needs to be stable and med compliant. Then you can have a good relationship with him.

Take care of yourself. He is lucky to have someone like you that cares

I am only able to spend time with people who treat me alright. I have PTSD and other diagnoses; I cannot function when being mistreated.

My family member is the person I love most in the world; when I kicked him out, it was because I could not live that way. I could not watch him harm himself by using drugs. I could not bear being screamed at and woken up at all hours of the night.

Our situation stabilized over the course of more than a year and my family member lives here again, which I enjoy since we get along.

It is the most heartbreaking thing to me to know that I may reach my limits of what I can bear at some point in the future. Instead of destroying myself by trying to stay in situations that hurt me, I would change the locks again. I would let go, even though that is the absolute last thing I want to do.

The behaviors I can live with are based solely on my own ability to function, which is very low anyway. I don’t care where the super horrible behaviors come from or why. I protect myself so I can survive.

At the same time, I am extremely empathetic and non-judgemental because I have MI and have lost control of my behavior at times. So, it’s easy to forgive and forget when we are treating each other well.

There is nothing wrong with saying you’ve had enough. If you just keep putting up with all his bad behavior, he will have no reason to try to get better. If you leave, maybe that will be a wake up call for him. Maybe. I didn’t try to get help until the day I realized I had alienated everyone I love, and I would never have a healthy relationship until I changed.

You said he is on meds, but it sounds like he doesn’t take them consistently. If he isn’t taking them consistently, they can actually make him worse, because he is throwing his system even more out of balance.

Sounds like you need a break. Join a local support group. If you stay, you will need all the help you can get. Educate yourself on his illness.

he us going through an episode if you love the way he used to be enough to stick with him through this even if it lasts a few months or a year then you should and you should

Schizophernia is very often co-morbid with bipolar.

You definitely need to get out of the house. Do you live together? Is there somewhere you could go for a few days? Like SzAdmin said, you’re definitely drained. You can’t help someone else if you aren’t ok.

He might need different meds. He sounds a lot like I used to be (and still am sometimes but I’m still adjusting some stuff). I used to be on ineffective meds so I didn’t take them all the time. I took them every single day in high school but they didn’t do much for me even then. I’m surprised I got through it.

You might need to see someone yourself to try to sort out what to do, or at least join a local support group for yourself. They would definitely have tips and tricks on how to cope and how to help him.