Sheltering in place

Unbelievable what you are going through Hope! Texans are tough and fighters I’ve heard so I’m not surprised by you and others stories I’ve been hearing on the news. Godspeed to you and all who are experiencing such anguish just trying to survive down there. Take care, be safe and keep the updates coming!

2 Likes

The mayor of Rockport did want to get his message across didn’t he?

I did not do the sharpie arm marking BUT, I did get Jeb’s
Box of Important stuff to a high place and called two people who live out of state to tell them where it was.

The box contains everything anyone needs to “take over” Jeb. Account numbers, passwords, phone numbers and complete directions. Even a letter to Jeb to explain why our will was written as it was.

2 Likes

Oh Hope! I get teary reading this! Since a lot of us Canadians that wish we could be there to help, can’t do that, we are donating $ where and when we can, for relief. It’s all we can do. So glad that you and your family are safe, and am heartbroken for the people and families that haven’t survived. Stay safe Hope!

2 Likes

Thank you so much Leiann, I have not felt alone during this latest adventure -thanks to all of you!

3 Likes

Hope, you are awesome and brave and it is you who has comforted us. I’m so glad you all are safe. May I ask what the doctor let Jeb have. My son is unmedicated and needs something to help him sleep. I’m going to pick up some Benadryl today as this is what Pdoc recommended.
God bless you all and keep you in His care.

2 Likes

I’ve recently started taking 300 mg of L-THEANINE about half an hour before bedtime, and it has helped me fall asleep easier and stay asleep longer. It’s a supplement and you can find it at a health food store or amazon.

1 Like

My son is a big fan of lorazepam (Ativan). I should say, big, big fan. I don’t know if it helps him sleep. It did help get him through us having another family here last night.

His original psychiatrist used it to lure him to monthly appointments. Eventually the doctor upped the pressure for anti-psychotic meds and refused to prescribe the lorazepam.

I tried to get Jeb to use benadryl years ago, he always said it didn’t do anything for him.

Thanks so much Mom2 - all of you have really made this bearable during the scary parts. Our fervent prayer is that everyone in this crisis feels the strength of their faith holding them up.

2 Likes

Thanks for the input on this, Wes. My older son has difficulty sleeping and has tried everything. We were going to try the “boiling bananas whole” and drinking the “banana tea” thing. He wasn’t too thrilled with that idea, so I’m sure he will like this much better! Glad it is helping you.

2 Likes

They prescribe my son Trazodone for sleep. I don’t think it helps much.

For him, if they get his psychosis in check, the sleep follows - anxiety or not.

I’ve seen him take a handful of Valium or Klonopin & walk around like he hadn’t taken a thing.
They gave him Halcion for sedation dentistry - again, like he took nothing.

The Ativan must work different though. They gave him that in the emergency room once while we were intake. He laid down with his head on my lap and promptly fell asleep.

The next time he was there, I asked for it and they had it ready for him when he went up to his room - but this time, he refused it.

I don’t sleep well either. I’ve tried everything in the book. It either doesn’t work fast enough or it doesn’t work at all - sometimes, it does make me feel kind of hung over the next day.

I hear Melatonin works for some people. For me, keeping a regular bedtime helps. No caffeine after noon helps.

I also have a habit of staying on the computer right up until I want to go to bed, and the light from that seems to disrupt my sleep cycle more than watching TV - but it could also be that it keeps my mind more active than TV too.

Thank you Wes. I will try that. Take care.