Supplements & Dieting for Reduction of Symptoms

So I’ve been doing some research on some supplements and herbs that may be able to help patients with Schizophrenia and I wanted share it with you guys. Individuals who have taken them have said that they have boosted their overall mood and mental clarity. They’ve also lessened their side of effects of anxiety, schizophrenic symptoms, and depression too. I’ve also spoken with a herbalist and he gave me some tips on what kind diet would be beneficial for someone suffering from this condition. Warning: when stopped, all medications should be reduced slowly as they can cause rebound effects such as anxiety and insomnia.

1. Sarcosine - For the reduction of schizophrenic symptoms. You can use the half-gram scoop it brings to measure the quantity (you’re supposed to dilute 1.5 - 2 grams with water or apple juice).

2. L-Theanine - Reduces stress without drowsiness and has immunologic attributes.

3. Fish Oil - Reduces the risk of psychosis.

4. Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin) - Helps reduce schizophrenic symptoms and improve metabolism.

5. Vitamin B3 (Niacin) - Helps balance the nervous system and lowers cholesterol.

6. Ionic Lithium Drops - Helps stabilize mood disorders and increases mental clarity. Lithium has been used to treat patients Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder. 2 drops by mouth every 6 - 12 hours as needed.

7. Glycine - This is a hit or miss. It can reduce the effects of psychiatric drugs like Clozapine and is known to cause an upset stomach. It can significantly improve OCD & Schizophrenic symptoms. 30 g - 60 g needed for effectiveness daily.

8. Pregnenolone - Enhances cognitive function and reduces the severity of the symptoms in Schizophrenia. It is a steroid and should not be taken longer than a year. Normal dose is 50 mg, you can cut the pill in half and take 25 mg though.

9. N-Acetyl cysteine (NAC) – Promotes cell survival and growth, heals inflammation, and influences metabolism. It affects how glutamate and dopamine interact within the brain (high levels of dopamine are responsible for causing schizophrenia and paranoia). It comes in 500 mg or 600 mg capsules. First week is 1 capsule twice a day, the week after 2 capsules twice a day.

10. Magnesium Chloride - Helps with neurological disorders and prevents aggression. Recommend dosage is 400 mg daily. (Taken this myself and it reduced facial paralysis; also effective in another patient with Bell’s Palsy if anyone is interested.)

Dieting:
Eat foods high in – iodine, selenium, zinc, niacin, vitamin B12, lipoic acid, and the antioxidants vitamin C and E. Such foods high in iodine would include seaweed, cod fish, yogurt, turkey breast, navy beans, tuna, eggs, baked potatoes, strawberries, and cranberries. Foods high in selenium include Brazil nuts, Yellowfish tuna, cooked Halibut, canned sardines, grass-fed beef, boneless turkey, beef liver, chicken, eggs, and spinach. Foods high in zinc include grass-fed beef, mushrooms, spinach, oysters, chickpeas (Garbanzo beans), cashews, lamb, yogurt, chicken, pumpkin seeds, egg yolks, lima beans, watermelon seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, beef liver, crab, brown rice, dark chocolate, pork, lobster, garlic, and salmon. Foods high in alpha lipoic acid (ALA) include spinach, bovine (cow) kidney, bovine (cow) heart, bovine (cow) spleen, bovine (cow) brain, broccoli, tomatoes, green peas, Brussels sprouts, and rice bran. Foods high in Vitamin C include oranges, kale, red peppers, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, strawberry, grapefruit, guava, kiwi, and green peppers. Foods high in Vitamin E include dry roasted sunflower seeds, almonds, cooked spinach, cooked beet greens, canned pumpkin, raw red peppers, cooked asparagus, cooked collard greens, mango, avocado, swordfish, and peanut butter.

It is said that Zinc deficiency has been accounted for in 90% of schizophrenic patients, so I thought that would be interesting to share with you guys. All of these minerals and vitamins are required to help synthesize the hormones in the thyroid gland and balance them out. Otherwise it can lead to Hyperthyroidism which has been linked to causing Schizophrenia. My fiancé actually suffers from Hyperthyroidism, so a suggestion would be to go to a doctor and have their thyroid examined to test for that in hopes of recovery if positive.

Avoid eating – All products containing canola, soy, and aspartame. Grains, corn, cereals, and wheat should be avoided due to Glyphosate (a herbicide known to cause cancer) contamination. Wheat germ oil is okay because it supplies healthy fat, Omega-6, and oxygen for the brain.

Thank you so much! I will definitely show this to him! Finally something I can try instead of the constant criticism!! Thank you for this!!

No problem at all, glad to be of help! :slight_smile: