Uncontrollable Tears

@hope she is doing well… if you look at the posts in my topic callled “Worst attack” you will see the details.

1 Like

Now I see them, really hoping your daughter is one of the lucky ones on meds.

2 Likes

She finished her questionnaire and it sounds like she has a meeting with the psychiatrist to discuss diagnosis coming up

While I hate that your daughter began experiencing worsening symptoms, I am so relieved that she is now “fast tracked” to getting meds and having a doctor.

1 Like

I know…
I have seen that even bad situations can eventually work out good things… it’s just hard while it’s happening! There are a lot of friends and family praying!:pray:

And nothing is as hard as having your child in crisis. :pray:t2:

2 Likes

I will keep everyone updated when we have the official diagnosis

Thanks you so much, you would be surprised how many people are following your daughter’s crisis and hoping for good news.

1 Like

The meeting for her diagnosis is at 9:30 am on Thursday.

Both of my sons have had severe psychosis more than once, either SZA or extreme bp1 with psychosis. It takes them months to come back to us out of their delusions/hallcunations etc. They are 19 and 20. Both have been in and out of phosps. I don’t understand why we have had a one two punch. One has been in phosp for 6 weeks, they are expecting another 8 weeks for him, nothing is working. It is awful, I cannot describe. Both were ahead of the game, popular, in gifted classes etc. I just don’t understand. I get the ‘looking at kids in the grocery store etc and wanting to cry’, I really do. I cannot look at social media any more because nothing relates to our lives.

1 Like

“I get the ‘looking at kids in the grocery store etc and wanting to cry’, I really do. I cannot look at social media any more because nothing relates to our lives.”
[/quote]

I get it. I’ve stopped all social media, except for the 2 support groups for family members of someone with sz. Nothing the outsiders are going thru relates to our family. I can only take so much of seeing kids my son’s age graduating from college, getting jobs, having girlfriends. Im living in a different world, a world most will never understand

3 Likes

Are the two groups you’re talking about this one and the FB page Parents of Kids With Schizophrenia? If there’s another I’d like to know about it.

@WAmac, one is called Families of Schizophrenia Support Group, other one is called Schizophrenia & Mental Illness Help, Advice, and Support Group. Both have helped a great deal. I listen to others’ stories of heartache, and sometimes success, and it comforts me and gives me hope. It lets me know I’m not alone.

2 Likes

Thanks, I like this group a lot, but the FB group is kinda out there and oo public for me.I’ll check these out.

@Windyhill63 So sorry your family is going through this. I have done it many times and it never gets easier. How is your daughter doing?

I found myself crying uncontrollably 2 days ago.
I lost it and got angry with my gf. I started throwing things at her and just…went…off.
All that did was create a silence in our home.
A silence that made me even sadder and madder.
I know things are not working. I think she does too. But neither of us wants to let go. We do love each other…but I think on different levels.
My sadness is just…really deep.

Tonight, she wigged out again. Got hateful, and actually said…valentines day is a day to honor the one you love then I should honor myself!
I honestly believe she does not believe I will leave. It’s hard to leave my fur babies in this mess. I have no idea what to do. I know I can’t keep living like this. It’s just to much. I also take care of the elderly gentleman that lives with us. He was her sisters partner, her sister passed away and my gf kept him. He has had 3 strokes and a heart attack and is only coherent part of the time. She lies to everyone and tells them SHE takes care of him. The only thing she does for him is bathe him. I do everything else. Im also a full time student. Sometimes i just wonder how the hell im even still breathing. I gave up on regular sleep. I get maybe 3 to 4 hours a night.
Tonight I wanted to throw things at her again and just explode. But…i didn’t. I did yell and scream some. But DAMMIT, she just makes me so damn angry. So yes…2 days later and I’m still crying.
Heaven help me!

We have to learn how to help ourselves cope. I found NAMI to be the best source for that. This is a Serious Mental ILLNESS and we can not hope it away. While I am so amazed at how different the symptoms and behaviors of persons living with SZ can be, I also know that it is unlikely to get better without medication. Some other treatments can work, or help, as well, especially in combination with meds. So if you want to do what you can to help your loved one get better, you must learn all you can about the illness beyond what is on this Forum, although I view this Forum as a good place to share and vent, and to pick up useful bits of information. There are wonderful educational resources beyond this Forum. There ARE ways to help your loved one, but you must also take care of yourself. We can’t solve everything, but there IS hope.

1 Like

I think you should leave. Call Visiting Nurses or some such organization to check on the old man, after you’ve left.
You have to maintain your own sanity.

1 Like

I am so sad that nothing was working for your son in the hospital now. How is he doing currently? It is a few weeks since your post here, and I hope things are bettering.