I feel hopeless

I hope I can be of some help to you…As I read I feel you are well informed in regard to your ex. sickness…this is step 1…namely, not to take verbal accusations personally.
I feel you have done all you could staying with him for 2 and a half years …not having gotten treatment is deterimental to both and believe me there is nothing you can do now as long he does not get medical help…

At the beginning of our living together was confusing for me…but as i educated myself and learned how to deal with certain situations it got easier and easier to deal with his sickness,

Keeping hope alive I feel is good for you…but also be prepared to let go if necessary…

Distract yourself and only concentrate on all the positive aspects you both had…and let the rest go…

If it is meant to be you will once again be together. Re-assure your love for your ex…and ignore all the neg. talk…if that what you feel want to do…

All my dealings with my man made me stronger and I am glad to have shared some thoughts,…please feel free to talk again …I love to listen and try to be of help…You certainly are not alone and together we are strong and do the best we can for our loved ones…

I’m not sure I can be of any help. I’ve seen three relationships including my own where one person has schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder. First off my aunt she has been in two serious relationships in her life one with her ex husband. Problem is now her ex husband thinks she’s crazy and refused to let her see her daughter as she was growing up. Next off is my parents, my father has schizoaffective disorder but went 28 years of marriage without medication and diagnosis. Problem with that is a lot of arguments about my dad’s paranoia accusing my mom of infidelity even with her own nephew. Some how my parents’ make it work after almost 31 years of marriage.

My partner and I have been together 7 years, the last 5 I’ve been sick. She is the one who convinced me to go to the hospital. I keep saying she Jedi mind tricked me into going cause I for the life of me remember how she convinced me. She does her best to convince me my delusions and hallucinations. Even after I smacked her real hard after I saw a bug crawl into her neck.

15 years with an untreated psycosis?

My friend just got involuntary treatment some days ago. Now that I think about it his delusions started over a year ago, but they were not bizarre back then so I kind of belived them because they kiind of could have made sense.

It was sometime during fall LAST YEAR it got crazy.

3 days ago he was admitted to involuntary treatment but has absolutly not accepted that he needs meds.

When will he get insight?