Today's daily event...a place to share

Oh…no, no…Home school.

Sorry…

He is adament about NOT ever attending public school again. So is Dad.
(Hence, I’m kinda stuck? I think he would possibly do well in a special program…they don’t think so, and pdocs agree as long as he’s against it, it won’t work. Husband would never, ever forgive me if something happened AFTER I pushed for his return to public school.)

BUT, he hasn’t been able to stay awake long enough, or have any motivation for school work.

Until now…
We’ll see how long it last, and I’ll have to be careful to not push him too hard.

And yes…“school” requires taking a shower and changing clothes.
THAT has been the limit of “school” for about 8 months now…well, to be more accurate, his art, his writings, and daily hygiene has been “school” for the last 8 months.

He is begging for math. I don’t know why…but math it is.
Also, punctuation.

His stories that he writes are…well…VERY interesting.
Scary…interesting. Like Steven King, but without any periods, commas, or capital letters.

2 Likes

My mistake. It’s still great that he is motivated to learn. They say there is a connection between art and math skills.

I am an editor, so I’d be attentive to grammar and punctuation. I’m also a Stephen King fan!

2 Likes

That’s the new thing…he’s motivated again.

Here’s a short story he is working on right now.

He found the commas…now, let’s review sentence structure…

I love to read, and have read a great deal to him. Editor? That sounds like a lot of fun!

Web of Regret

In a town during the salem witch trials, the house in a nearby forest was always thought to be owned by one of the so called “witches”, but it was always empty, most likely do to its spider problem, but when an paranoid man walked into the building he disappeared, he was found the next month entangled in webs, not in the house but nearby stuck to a tree, dead, starved, and drained, as they were examining the corpse, a strange thing happened the sky went dark and it rained spiders, now its explained that they are called ballooning spiders, but back then they did not know but the sky going dark was never explained, maybe a witch used magic to escape, the next day the wife of the man went mad screaming that the neighboring women envied her good looks and was a witch.

4 Likes

Well done! Suspensful!

2 Likes

He has a real knack at writing!!! Please continue to encourage. Great descriptions, suspense, and just WOW.

Everyone has a strength…somewhere…and I think he’s found his.

1 Like

I had posted in the wrong thread so reposting here. Well for me, it’s not the days - - it’s the nights. For the last 6 months or so my son was isolating. Because he had sz we were told to leave him be, that the voices and the hallucinations were tiring. Then I realized he was smoking that Spice crap and got him to stop (I think as we can’t smell it anymore). In the last few weeks, he has started to come out of his room in the evening but seems to be hallucinating and restless. Last night 5 - 7 from the bedroom to bathroom - back and forth back and forth, opening his door, shutting his door. I watched this a bit and it seemed like he was putting things outside of his bedroom - complete hallucination. Somehow I got him to stop around 9. In the middle of the night, it started again around 3. In the kitchen, this time opening and shutting cabinets. I went down to tell him to quiet down as he woke me up. There were two plates on the floor near the dishwasher but not in it. It was if he knew they needed to be in that area but didn’t know quite the right place to put them. Thankfully, he went upstairs and was quiet the rest of the night. I’m exhausted.

4 Likes

My son’s 3 year ssi reevaluation of his disability arrived in the mail today. Of course it did, fastest 3 years ever.

2 Likes

periods, commas, or capital letters are overated😀 seriously, this is such good news. Jan, You are right of course.

And…he’s off! In a good way I hope…::grin:

Insisted on Monday being a “school day”…
Out of all of his daily work, he grabbed for the Independent Writing. Spent almost all of his time creating a new story line, and talking about it! He worked for hours on this alone…while listening to a podcast about something (I forget…I think it was political). Point is? He loves to write.

He woke me at midnite and said that he just HAD to stay up and write Chapter 2.

Okay…I “get it”. The brain is working again. I don’t think he’s manic, I’ve seen that before…he’s just…well, enjoying things again. In time, perhaps we can find a bit more balance.

OR, perhaps we won’t. Perhaps he will spiral. Perhaps this is all leading to something worse.

It really doesn’t matter at this point. He’s enjoying something, and I will consider this period of time to be a very healthy one. He may need these good memories later on.

It was so very nice to see him smiling, laughing and asking me what I thought of various things in his story.

I’ll take it.
(And…he then jumped all over brother later with anger. REALLY? NOW we do the “normal” teen thing?)
Aramis says, for the record…that older brother deserved it. He did…he was poking younger brother while he was writing. (Again…REALLY? Please stop!)

It’s our new “daily” normal. :confounded:

I’m thinking of several ways to improve his punctuation, etc. without discouraging him. I’m open to any ideas you all may have.

Thanks everyone!
(Probably impossible to read…but he’s really trying. Penmanship like this doesn’t come easy with his shaking hands. He worked hard on this.)

2 Likes

Today - stalled out on going to a therapist. My son decided he couldn’t go see someone without more information. I placed the calls to talk with them.
The one I most wanted him to see called back to tell me that he was just asked to participate in a suicide prevention program, so felt at this time he would now not have adequate time to take on another client. (He said he is going to send me some other names tho.)
The other one, who I had made an appointment with - his assistant called back, and, well, I know its her job to ‘protect’ the doctor’s schedule, but was pretty resistant to passing on my request for another call from him.

Last night: got a text from my son asking me to come over at lunch (I already go over after work) because he “needs more attention” from me.

What I know he needs is more socialization. But attempts to meet that need haven’t been successful.

4 Likes

Sooo?

Yesterday, I took daughter to see pdoc, an appt she requested, for a med review. The reason for her request was that she wanted to add anti-depressanr to her meds. Yes…she knew the name of it and relayed exactly what she needed. I looked up what I thought she was saying and found it was Prozac. Okay, self identifying is good…although I thought it was odd to just call out the specific one she needed…but okay.

So the appt was set a couple weeks out (which was yesterday).

We get to appt, and doc asks…how are things. Answer…fine.
Doc asks, how are you feeling worg the medication? Answer…fine.
Doc asks a couple other general questions…same answer…fine.

Mind you this was her requested appt…I’m just sitting there going WHAAAT?

So, when appropriate, I mentioned the antidepressant. Nope…don’t want it.
I mention the (claimed) constipation…nope, solace is working just fine.

So doc asks…anything we should try different…nope all is fine.

Sooo, I just had to bring up a couple topics.
I say, well? A couple weeks ago, she called me from her mom’s and told me she couldn’t come home it was too dangerous and scary because of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre people living in our house.

I also mention, that just last week she broke dad’s phone, punched the flat screen tv, hit walls, cursed us upside down, and spit on the dining room floor.

And that, she called requesting an antidepressant which is ultimately the reason for the requested appt.

Oh, and she has said the medication isn’t working for constipation and needs changed.

With all that being mentioned, I guess I poked the snake because suddenly her attitude was more similar to what we see. She was mad and said we treat her like shit and won’t let her do anything.

Those things we “won’t let her do” are things like: get a job and get her license.

My reply to that was to reiterate what the doc has said That these are good goals, but not at this time. I ask doctor again…do you still feel that these are good goals? Or do you feel she is ready for these things…same answer.

With this appt seeming to go NOWHERE…they asked of she was interested in taking classes. As I’ve excitedly, but with apprehension too, mentioned…I have been working on Adult Special Ed acceptance and just recently gotten the word that is IS approved. Apprehension is whether she will agree …Ugggh.

To TOP OFF this appt. She says I don’t think those people will really help me, so NO, unless I can (dictator roll coming out) go to the Adult Ed program I was going to 2 years ago.

Welll, with a HUGE DEEP SIGH, she truly isn’t the same gal she was 1-2 years ago.
Even as far as work goes, she worked PRE illness at age 14-16. She has really no awareness that anything is different at all.

Deep sigh again!

I just picked her up from a visit with mom. Low and behold, she comes with a bag of vitamins…to help her constipation!!!

Yesterday, I was really frustrated with the lack of purpose with the appt…it ended with my reply to doc: I thank you for your time doc, seems we have not accomplished too much today. I am just going to take daughter back to our shithole and continue to treat her like shit like we’ve been doing. And i smiled.

Really couldn’t help that one, think my filter fell off. Maybe I said it to be a smartass? Maybe some to just validate that I heard her and hope she hears how ridiculous it sounds?

I’m not sure really. Probably both reasons.

Anyway? That was my daily vent…oh i mean event…:blush:

Hanging in there

4 Likes

Yes, it sure sounds like some form(s) of delusions. I hope things were and you can get some rest. You just don’t what’s going on in there mind in those moments. :confused:

2 Likes

So, I just read his story. I am still very impressed with so many things here. He really has a broad vocabulary! And the style of writing? It’s so descriptive, as if he’s writing what he envisions. I would really like to see him take off with this.

I honestly believe he could be a professional writer! Not just saying it…he really is good at this.

Next chapter please.

1 Like

We all love a good rant.

4 Likes

Things has been calm here the last couple days.

The latest “need” from daughter just came up. Hadn’t dated to ask for anything last two weeks after the fit she had.

Well tonight she told dad…"well, dad? You know im 20 right? I mean, I’m an adult and all that. So, I want to get botox in my lips. Will you get that setup for me? "

Answer was: daughter, you are beautiful just the way you are. Beauty comes from inside out, not outside first. (And then a final…NO)

She began begging and pleeeeasing…and finally said, will you at least think about it? (That’s her ticket to continue over and over and over, we’ve learned not dangle the carrot…the results aren’t fun)
So, again he had to say no.

I can’t tell you how shocked u was that…that, was what she was asking about? Last week it was her oral surgery to straighten the look of her teeth, week before was a nose job.

Mind you…she’s beautiful and I’m not as biased as a natural parent, she’s my step daughter, she truly is beautiful. Especially when she “does herself up”

That’s my …huh??? What??? for the day.:confused:

3 Likes
 This happened last year, but I thought it was worth sharing.
 Starting in late June of 2017 my wife started calling an unfamiliar phone number. I wouldn't even have known about this but I was checking our phone records on-line to see if my wife had called to make a doctor appointment for a mental health evaluation (which she never made).
 I called the number to see what it was and it turned out to be just a short recorded message for a business in the South of our state. I don't know how she found the number or what she got out of calling it. Nobody ever contacted me about her calling the number, so it must not have been of importance.
 She started out calling the number 9 times in 9 days and the frequency just kept going up.
 Here are the monthly totals just for reference:
 July 2017 = 87
 Aug 2017 = 248
 Sep 2017 = 698
 Oct 2017 = 1,426
 Nov 2017 = 2,729 in 23 days.

For a total of 5,197 calls in 5 months to the same number. I imagine she was using the re-dial button to get these kinds of numbers. Then she just stopped.
Most of the calls were made during the 10 hours a day that I was gone at work.

1 Like

@Latestart

That is odd. Quite a few calls indeed.
Did you call the number to see where it went? Or if someone answered? Could it have been a crisis line or something similar?

1 Like

HI.
Yes, I called the number from work, so that if anyone answered they wouldn’t have my home phone or cell number. It was a recording that said “to listen press 1, to record press 2”. When you pressed 1 it said that it was somebody in an elevator in Vancouver, Washington. ( U.S.A. ). If you pressed 2 it beeped and then the line would go to a dial tone after 20 or 30 seconds. It was the same every time I called, which was only a few times to see if the message changed, but it never did.

1 Like

@Latestart

Okay? That is really bizarre? Great thinking calling from work. I am truly puzzles by this. It just doesn’t make sense. Why?

And how would wife obtain this strange phone number. Unless it is a “code” system. Does wife have MI or was she been hospitalized just prior to these calls…where she may be reaching out to someone she met while getting treatment.

Just a couple ideas

Hi.
Wife has never been hospitalized or diagnosed. She won’t make an appointment for an eval. Prior to calling this number she did call directory assistance ( which is 411 here ). Directory assistance is like the old yellow pages or like a phone book for those that don’t know. I don’t know if it was related to this though.